Happy Birthday Big D!!
Today is Big D's 31st Birthday and as I have over the last 12 years, I was the first person to wish him a happy birthday!
I wondered and asked him if he was happy with where he was in life and his immediate response was "yes". This has to be the best birthday present he could ever give himself... To be happy and content right where he is.
With Lil Man this past year, I did a list of things I loved about him according to the age he turned. I was thinking about the list while tryng to relax yesterday evening and decided that it is only fair that I write one for Big D as well (Have I officially lost my mind?). I have to admit it's somewhat of a task, but one I'm happy to complete.
A list of 31... Here it goes:
1. I love that you are a dare devil and will never back down from a challenge. (I DO love this, even though I'm bound to have a few panic attacks thanks to you!)
2. I love how eclectic your taste in music is. I never know if it's going to be Texas Country, Alice in Chains, or Phil Collins playing in your truck.
3. I LOVE that you are one helluva swimmer (Especially since I'm a non-swimmer).
4. I love the color of your eyes (Tiger eyes).
5. I love your cute tushy (ALWAYS have) & I love that you love mine!
6. I love that you win any discussion about the most rebellious thing someone has done. Hands down!
7. I love how liked you are by others because you are YOU.
8. I love the way you help and talk to elderly women and make them blush like a 20 year old.
9. I love the way you love your Nanny and would move Heaven and Earth to keep her happy.
10. I love that you appreciate my head full of useless knowledge.
11. I love that you never pretend to be something you're not.
12. I love that you can make me laugh more than anyone else I know.
13. I love that you absolutely appreciate my shoe addiction, because you have one of your own.
14. I love that you can fix anything I brake (minus the ducktape).
15. I love that you respect the way our Lil Man looks up to you.
16. I love the way you love my girlfriends and appreciate how important they are to me.
17. I love how you will grab hold of me and kiss me as if it were our last.
18. I love how much you love sports. (Did I just say that?)
19. I love that you can quote lines from so many movies.
20. I love listening to you sing (Even if you don't always know the words... Yes, it still makes me crazy!).
21. I love that you bring me coffee every Friday morning as I get ready for work. You don't even ask if I want it, you just know!
22. I love that you don't require a hot meal every night for dinner. You are beyond happy with any meal I make!
23. I love that you will drop everything for anyone who needs help. Your heart is SO BIG!
24. I love that you will watch every single episode of Sex and the City a hundred times, just to spend another second with me!
25. I love how people in your life will never have to question your loyalty (Even if you begin to question theirs).
26. I love how possessive you are of me as your wife when people are being disrespectful to me.
27. I love how you support all my extra activities and very gently let me know when I am in over my head!
28. I love how particular you are about your hair (or lack there of).
29. I love the way you make me feel like I can do anything and succeed.
30. I love that what we have is so very different from every other relationship, but somehow it works for us and it works well.
31. I love that you are the man I get to spend the rest of my life with!
I love your guts Abel Jones! Have a VERY Happy, Happy Birthday!